Oolong tea, also known as wu long tea, has numerous health benefits. One of the most surprising benefits is that it is beneficial for diabetes patients.
A study conducted by Taiwanese in 2003 found that oolong tea is helpful for controlling blood glucose levels.
20 patients with type II diabetes who took the prescribed hyperglycemic drugs participated in the study. Ten of them drank 1.5 litres of oolong tea daily for 30 days and then drank only water each day for 30 days. The other 10 patients followed the same plan but with the opposite order, drinking water first 30 days and oolong tea next 30 days.
The study showed that plasma glucose and fructosamine levels dropped significantly during the tea-drinking segments. However, there is no significant changes occurred during the water-drinking segments.
Scientists concluded that the consumption of oolong tea is a good way to control blood glucose levels safety and enjoyably.
Besides the benefits we mentioned above, there are many other benefits of oolong tea, following please find more.
1. Weight Loss Benefits
2. Help strengthen teeth and prevent tooth decay.
3. Skin Benefits
4. Benefits on Preventing Heart Disease & Cancer
5. It will help reduce high blood pressure.
6. It assists in prolonging and improving vitality and life span.
7. It benefits include helping in relieving physical and mental stress as well.
8. It is beneficial for treating skin problems such as eczema and rashes.
9. It helps improve brain power.
10. It benefits for lowering blood sugar levels.