Da Hong Pao，also called Big Red Robe, is a highly prized tea and a member of Si Da Ming Cong (the four famous Wuyi Oolong tea bushes). It is not only one of the most famous oolong teas but also one of the most famous Chinese teas throughout Chinese history.
The tea was first produced on Wuyi Mountain in Fujian Province, China. It has a long history which can date back to the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644). Legend goes that in the Ming Dynasty, an emperor’s mother was ill. However, after she drank the tea, she felt better and better and was cured at last. The emperor was so pleased that he sent great red cloth to cover the trees in that winter to save the trees from dying from the cold. Due to the red cloth, the tea from the tree was called Big Red Robe Tea from then on.
It has big and dark leaves and its smell is chocolaty and sweet. It tastes smooth and soft with an elegant aftertaste. The aroma lingers long even after the seventh or eighth brew.
The benefits of drinking Da Hong Pao are:
1. Weight Loss
2. Helping strengthen teeth and prevent tooth decay.
3. Skin Benefits
4. Preventing Heart Disease & Cancer
5. Benefits on Diabetes Patients
6. Prolonging and improving vitality and life span.
7. Helping in relieving physical and mental stress as well.
8. Beneficial for treating skin problems such as eczema and rashes.
9. It helps improve brain power.
10. Benefits for lowering blood sugar levels.
11. Reducing high blood pressure.
Best Oolong Tea